Inspirational World

A personal muse on the beauty of the world, beauty in all its forms. The beauty of nature in all its magic, the beauty of humans in all we all are able to achieve through culture, society, technology, love, and peace. Inspirational in nature - a glimpse into the uplifting and beautiful world that we ALL live in.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Inflatable mattresses

A couple of things have caught my eye of late, which I wanted to share.

I was cycling along the F1 Grand Prix track (as you do), off in my own little world of brum brumm cars, considering that perhaps the reason I'd been dreaming of F1 cars overtaking me as I cycled along a mountain road was because my daily commute takes me past race barriers and even more scarily, typically in the wrong direction (major digression here but riding into F1 traffic is a high adrenaline sport), when....

I decided to start a new sentence, for sake of clarity.

It was just nice to see, playing on the grass hill adjacent to the track, a toddler make bold steps up the hill towards a sprinkler which was an obvious source of fun. Mum only cottoned on that junior was going to get wet just prior to the event, and started an inevitable sprint to his rescue (things looked very slow motion in her mind at this stage, I'm sure). She was able to snatch him away from the sprinkler just as he reached it (Boooo!) but much to my delight (and theirs), this was the exact moment that the sprinkler (one of those ones that sounds like a cricket) swung around and saturated them both, their laughter ringing out.

The second moment of joy this week came down on the beach, when I saw three people, a man and two women all in their seventies, riding waves on those old school inflatable mattresses. It was such a delightful sight to see these oldies enjoying the waves without any regard to their age, as they looked to have done for decades. Yum

2 Comments:

Blogger tangles said...

The sprinkler incident does sound pretty cute, warwick! I would have had a good giggle too. Not sure that I would add "yum" after seeing oldies on floaties, but thats just me! (now, that is a bit harsh, but that is one of the gay follies of youth, surely? to poke fun while there is still time?)

To add my little observation. I saw an old dude with a zimmerframe hold up Darling St traffic for at least 10mins as he made his turtle pace crossing at one of the many pedestrian crossings. I am sure that the people in the cars were obsolutely cursing his incredabily slow progress, while at the same time having a poingnant reminder of the good things in life so easily overlooked (health, mobility, etc).

11:33 am  
Blogger Warwick said...

Yeah, tangles, I've watched (and assisted) old men cross roads with a smile in my heart (though if I were driving this would require greater effort)

6:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home